This is just a few words on:
The Pirate Party’s solution for the global job crisis: valuing the swarm economy
By Michel Bauwens
29th March 2011
I’m not ready to present a substantial analyses of the Michael Bauwens’ and Rick Falkvinge’s ideas, but only some other notions they invoked:
- Open Source and alike movements correspond to Marx’s prediction that “free time economy” will emerge as the logical development of free market.
- OTOH, “knowledge based economy” corresponds to the same notion, as well.
- Both mentioned trends require self-determined activity and creativity from a “worker.”
- The later, in my view, is in radical contradiction to yet another trend: that of monopolization.
- I don’t know for sure what kind of monopoly is worse: IP or casual one, but do believe that IP is the worst.
- I doubt that any partial solution to the mentioned contradictions would provide for painless transition from “old economy” to some “new one.” I think it is necessary to come up with theoretical models to address major factors and players in those global collisions and possible consequences to any global action.